Jeremy Brett

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in June to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Jeremy Brett

Postby Graceful Leonard on June 11th, 2010, 5:31 pm

Dear Tom,

You mentioned Jeremy Brett in a previous answer and I admired his work greatly, as I do yours.

Did you ever work together and, if so, was it a memorable experience?

Best Wishes,

GL
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Re: Jeremy Brett

Postby Tom Baker on June 28th, 2010, 3:17 pm

Dear Graceful Leonard

Jeremy Brett? Yes I did work with him though not in scenes. He played Bassanio in The Merchant of Venice. Laurence Olivier was Shylock. It was a huge success and we toured to main cities. He was a darling man in whom there was no malice. He was sweet and funny and sang beautifully. He adored being an actor, and in my opinion was the best Sherlock Holmes I ever saw. He was good pals with Charles Kay and Ronald Pickup and Derek Jacobi. I played Morocco and perhaps I was the last actor to black up at the National Theatre. All a long time ago. It was directed by Jonathan Miller and designed by Julia Trevelyan Oman.

Best wishes

Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for June 2010