Remington Steele?

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in May to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Remington Steele?

Postby Bob Mitsch on May 3rd, 2010, 8:59 pm

Hey Tom,

My girlfriend and I have been watching a lot of 80's shows of late and I was surprised to see you in an episode of Remington Steele playing a villain! (The character you played was Anatole Blalock in the episode "Hounded Steele") It was a lot of fun to watch and see you in an American series.

I wondered if you had any standout memories from making this episode back in 1984 or working with Pierce Brosnan? What do you find the biggest difference is between British and American Television production styles?

Thanks for your time!

-Bob
Bob Mitsch

Re: Remington Steele?

Postby Tom Baker on May 5th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Hello Bob in the USA,

I just happened to be staying at a charming place on Sunset, Chateau Marmont. A charming place, John Belluchi died there. And someone helped me to an interview for R. Steele. It was fun to do and I was terribly aware how hard they all worked. There seemed to be no limits on time. They just stuck at it. But of course I was a stranger and felt like strangers always do, outside and unwanted. I have suffered severe teasing from people for that performance! And quite right too.

All the best from Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for May 2010