hi res pictures of the 4th doctor

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

hi res pictures of the 4th doctor

Postby 33rddoctor on April 20th, 2011, 1:45 pm

hello, im a sculptor and a massive fan of the 4th doctor and tom and i would love to sculpt a realy life like full size bust of tom as the 4th doctor and i was wondering if any one had any realy high res pictures of toms face as many angles as possable as the more referance the better or if any one would have a life cast of tom that i could take measurements off that would be incredable.
any info help would be great
many thanks
jon
33rddoctor

Re: hi res pictures of the 4th doctor

Postby tracy on April 24th, 2011, 2:15 pm

if you goin the fan communerty section or look at any of the photos of tom that are on here that should help you with what you want to do .all the best it sounds really good what you do hope you find what you looking for :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby 33rddoctor on April 24th, 2011, 11:23 pm

thank you tracey, i have wanted to do this for years i hope i can do the great man justice.
33rddoctor

Postby tracy on April 25th, 2011, 9:07 am

:D im sure you will do great would love to see what youve done when youve done it take care
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby MCH on April 25th, 2011, 12:31 pm

33rd Doc,

I haven't tried it myself but if you have a fairly good "pro" graphics application on your computer you might be able to "capture" different angles of his head and face. Then there is the older way of taking pictures of the tv screen. Not as good but it helps in a pinch. I had to do that recently to get the correct positions of a mule harness from an old movie.

May I ask what medium you are planing to sculpt him in ? Just curiosity you know. :D I've currently been working in wood. Good luck on your project !

MCH
MCH

Postby 33rddoctor on April 26th, 2011, 10:52 am

hello MCH,
i would imagin i will be sculpting in wax or chavant (or theres some new stuff called monster clay i would like to try) the finnished piece will be in cilicone to give it a a lifelike fleshy look.
i would have taken pictures already but my box sets of tom are from the states and they wont play on my laptop
i just orderd pyramids of mars so will hopefully get some shots off that but its still not very high res.
33rddoctor

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years