Adric

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Adric

Postby Graceful Leonard on May 2nd, 2011, 10:28 am

Clara Listensprechen wrote:Could be that it wasn't attention he was looking for, but hefty sales

...which would hardly cover him in glory, either.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby Prydonian on May 2nd, 2011, 10:01 pm

As I believe was stated at an earlier time, Adric-and thus Matthew Waterhouse-was a personal fan favorite for me in the 1980s, but I have outgrown him now due to maturing and realising there is not much of the character to be interested in.Whether he dissed TB in his book, I know not as I have not read it. But Lalla Ward once commented on him saying things that were inappropriate on the set and put it down to youth or nerves.
Prydonian

Postby metalheadjay on May 3rd, 2011, 8:07 pm

I'm not judging at all. I'm going on the comments from the people that WERE on the set that DID work with Tom Baker and Matthew Waterhouse. And a vast majority of the negative criticism is for Mr. Waterhouse and HIS behavior.

Jay
metalheadjay

Postby Clara Listensprechen on May 3rd, 2011, 10:19 pm

----
Last edited by Clara Listensprechen on May 30th, 2011, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clara Listensprechen

Postby Prydonian on May 3rd, 2011, 10:49 pm

I suppose only those who were there know what went down, so to speak. We can only go on their word, written or otherwise. It is a difficult situation to say the very least.
Prydonian

Postby metalheadjay on May 11th, 2011, 5:13 am

If you aren't going to believe the people that were actually there working with the people...who are you going to believe? If Buzz Aldrin told you Neil Armstrong was the first man to walk on the moon..are you gonna deny it?

Jay
metalheadjay

Postby Prydonian on May 11th, 2011, 7:45 pm

TB was a professional and never let his vices show when working, or when children were around. That is something he has been quoted as saying in various interviews, and as we only have his word to go on, we should let it be the last word.
Prydonian

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years