How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors?

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors?

Postby Prydonian on February 18th, 2011, 9:43 pm

LOL Love that last post tch! :lol: It never occured to me that Doctors Four and Six might actually get along. Maybe Four can give Six some much-needed fashion tips? :D
Last edited by Prydonian on March 7th, 2011, 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prydonian

Postby tch on February 19th, 2011, 12:56 am

So, no sooner do I finish defending Sylvester McCoy and now people are picking on #6's coat!?
To paraphrase Matt Smith 'Colin's coat is cool.'

Not as cool as a bow tie, mind you, but cool nevertheless.
tch

Postby Prydonian on February 19th, 2011, 1:21 am

It was just a joke. :shock:
Prydonian

Postby tch on February 19th, 2011, 2:24 am

Don't take it personally.
The coat just must be defended.

Now if people were ragging on Sylvester's little question mark sweater vest, that I could understand.
Nobody looks cool in a sweater vest.
tch

Postby MCH on February 19th, 2011, 5:55 am

Didn't doctor 5 have a polo sweater vest on ? Or was it the entire sweater/jumper ? But HE was dressed by the Watcher, whoever that was. :roll:

I think that THEY could have left out all the question mark stuff. That was corny. It put more emphasis on the 'who joke' and not the Doctor. Even the auto tag on Pertwee's Bessie had WHO 1 on it. I'd keep thinking, "Who one what ?

There was never a "who" attached to the TARDIS was there ? I wouldn't have been too surprised if Doctor 6's TARDIS was painted in techicolor colors like his suit and umbrella. His entire wardrobe reminded me of the movie, "Godspell". Now That was some really garish costumes !

I remember thinking that if I was Pertwee I'd take that cumbersome cape off. I liked the velvet jacket. I thought his character was kinda like a cuddly ol' bear that you could cuddle up with, lol.

I think I'd be a nervous wreck around Tom's Doctor. I'd never know how he would react to something. I'd probably be shoved out at the next landing, lol.

Mch
MCH

Postby tch on February 19th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Davidson's sweater is okay, as it was a full sweater, McCoy's was a sweater vest, which is never cool. Then you add those little question marks. Not ever going to be cool.

The little question marks on the shirt collar I liked though. Thought those were a nice little touch.

If Tom's Doctor threw me out, it'd be because I kept taking his jelly babies. Those things are tasty and very addictive.
tch

Postby Prydonian on February 20th, 2011, 12:35 am

I had a Who related dream last night, where I was sent bits of McCoy's costume by mail. I tried the vest and shoes on and looked a bit naff. Even the dream people were making fun of me! :D
Prydonian

Postby metalheadjay on February 24th, 2011, 10:51 pm

The fourth Doctor would say the same to all of them: Hello, I've heard quite a bit about you. Care if I elaborate? You have your own unique qualities, characteristics, and strengths but I'm THE Doctor. The genuine article that is. Here...have a jelly baby and learn to live with it. Nobody is taking my mantle. ;)
metalheadjay

Postby bcm77 on March 7th, 2011, 12:20 am

1st: The original incarnation could be a grumpy so & so but I think 4 would have brought a smile to his face.
2nd: Not quite sure how it would have gone but it would have been fun to watch.
3rd: The Brigadier would definitely have had his hands full trying to keep the two of them under control.
Himself: "Hello! Would you like a jelly baby?"
5th: "Aren't you a vet?"
6th: "Nice hair. Shame about the coat"
7th: Would be intresting to see the mind games that would occur.
8th: "Why don't I remember you?"
9th: The grim, world weary 4th Doctor of series 18 would have gotten on great with 9.
10th: "If you say "Alonsy" one more time I'll tell Leela to get the Janis thorns out".
11th "My God! I'm getting younger!"
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby metalheadjay on March 19th, 2011, 10:51 pm

While you are pretending to be the Doctor by overacting...I AM the Doctor. My eccentricity, quirkiness, and characteristics are all the real me. All natural and that's why I'm the definitive article..Ahhhhhhhhh ;)
metalheadjay

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years