How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors?

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: How would the Fourth Doctor react to the other Doctors?

Postby tch on August 27th, 2010, 7:37 pm

I want a scene where they encounter a locked door and all ten Doctors pull out their sonic screwdrivers at once to deal with it.

and for the bad guy, you'd have all the versions of the Master team up!
tch

Postby Marcello Cristiano on August 27th, 2010, 8:26 pm

I love your idea, tch! :D That would be an episode to die for! I would love to see that. Especially all the incarnations of The Master together. We've seen Doctors together, but never The Masters. I'd love to see how John Simm, Roger Delgado, Anthony Ainley, Eric Roberts, and the monster looking Master from 'The Deadly Assassin would bounce off one another! :lol:
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby tch on August 30th, 2010, 9:09 pm

Then, to go completely fanboy, you then gather all the versions of K-9 to help all the Doctors.
tch

Postby Marcello Cristiano on September 1st, 2010, 10:09 pm

Hey tch! :D That would be cool! K-9's mark I thru IV. How about having Romana 1 & 2 as well. :) I would have loved to have seen how Mary Tamm would play off of Lalla Ward.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby The Weary Professor on January 4th, 2011, 1:25 am

In a tip of the hat to "The Five Doctors", all of the other Doctors should be gathered along the shoreline bickering with each other while our beloved 4th Doctor and Romana leasurely glide by in a gondola. Tom, of course, would do the most theatrical double-take and goggle-eyes, then pole on gabbing to Romana about an entirely different matter. K-9, meanwhile, is on the shore amongst the Doctors spinning madly and saying "Master? Master? Master?"
The Weary Professor

Postby Prydonian on January 9th, 2011, 1:26 am

I would LOVE to see Tom work with both incarnations of Time Lady Romana again but I am sad that it will probably bever happen due to forces beyond our control. Has anyone noticed that whenever one of Season 17/18 DVDs come out that the commentaries only have Lalla Ward and not Tom? He has appeared with all his other companions on his other serials' commentaries. I say this because I loved the time he was with Lalla and miss her as a companion and she and Tom did seem to have amazing chemistry onscreen.
Prydonian

Postby Jagged on January 22nd, 2011, 5:48 pm

Well... don't tell that you got it from me, but there're some pretty interesting scenes in the somewhat hush-hush but fannishly leaked two-parter, "The Eleven Doctors":

Dr. 4 to Dr. 1: "Oh, get a grump! That granddaughter of yours isn't going to run away with Matt Damon just because... hey! Stop! SUSAN, STOP! COME BACK!"

Dr. 4 to Dr.2: "Is that your heel, or are you just running away?"

Dr. 4 to Dr. 3: "Ohh... so that's the mega-inflated hyper-ultra-powered flow-boat powered up with fission energy, is it? Can it drive to Littlesfield?"

Dr. 4 to Dr. 5: "Get your arm out of that cow's ******, the Universe is in danger!

Dr. 4 to Dr. 6: "Oh, grump, grump, grump! You're always into duty and dark forebodings. Have a jelly-baby!"

Dr. 4 to Dr. 7: "And I thought I was silly..."

Dr. 4 to Dr. 8: "You seem to be suffering from some kind of complex... hey, was that the Messiah just flying by outside the window?"

Dr. 4 to Dr. 9: "Don't do that. You're reminding me of me."

Dr. 4 to Dr. 10: "A school-girl who can't say anything but 'I'm above it'??? I never thought I'd sink so deep!"

Dr. 4 to Dr. 11.... ahhhhh, I can't tell you that. Not released by the BBC yet.
Jagged

Postby sizzler on January 29th, 2011, 8:23 pm

I think Tom would be himself and say what he feels and tell the truth :D
sizzler

Postby tch on January 30th, 2011, 10:37 pm

Don't know if I want Tom to meet the newer Doctors,( personally, I think he and Tennanrt's Doctor would have sat back, split a bag of jelly babies and watch the grumpier Doctors bicker) but having just watched Season 3 of the Sarah Jane Adventures, I can't help wishing the Judoon had been around during Tom's era.
His Doctor playing off those literal minded rhino rent a cops would have been a joy to watch.

They got the Brig on the Sarah Jane show, now they need to get Tom to guest star.
tch

Postby Graceful Leonard on January 31st, 2011, 7:20 pm

tch wrote:They got the Brig on the Sarah Jane show

I might have to look out for that. I did see a couple of the early episodes and preferred them to Dr Who (the new version).

Thinking about how Tom would react to the other doctors, maybe he could carry S.McCoy around in his coat pocket. It could be called the One and a Quarter Doctors. That would be a fair reflection on their relative merits.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years