Tom's Commentaries

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Tom's Commentaries

Postby Toothy Grin on March 5th, 2010, 3:56 pm

Tom's done a fair few commentaries now - which have been your favourites? I think Planet of Evil, Stones of Blood and Androids of Tara were great - Tom is on fine form and comes out with some corkers. "I'm the last one to drop!" is one my favourites from the 'poisioning' scene on Androids. I love how he often exclaims "Who's that?" even if it's not a person!Such a shame he didn't do a commentary for City Of Death - he must have some great memories of that one.
Toothy Grin

Re: Tom's Commentaries

Postby blackhawkrush on March 6th, 2010, 6:13 am

Whenever I buy a new Doctor Who/Tom Baker DVD, the first thing I do is to see if Tom is involved in the commentary of that episode. He should do them all. It's a no brainer. He's one of the funniest guys on the planet.
Last edited by blackhawkrush on March 9th, 2010, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
blackhawkrush

Postby tracy on March 6th, 2010, 8:36 pm

:D i love to listion to al the commentaries that tom does have you heard the one from destiny of the daleks one where tomis sleeping in the tardis waiting for the new season and the voive from above telss tom to wake
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on March 30th, 2010, 5:32 am

I love all the commentaries all of all the Classic Who stories I've bought but the ones with Tom are the best, my favourite ones are the ones he does with Mary Tamm in "The Key To Time" boxset, you can tell from her laughter that's she's having a ball...and so are we listening :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby Marcello Cristiano on March 30th, 2010, 7:43 am

My favourite commentary TOM has done would have to be the one for "Ark In Space". I loved how TOM was drooling over Elisabeth Sladen as she was back then. It was so funny! :lol: I'm pretty sure, if I can remember, TOM mentioned the Bible sometime during the commentary. As we all know, that's one of TOM's favourite subjects. TOM made me laugh so much during that commentary.
" 'Wibbsey' would be a wonderful word for pillow talk, wouldn't it? Especially if you said it softly..."

TOM BAKER
(2010)
DEMON QUEST
Doctor Who Magazine #425 (Interview)
Marcello Cristiano

Postby ivocaliban on April 15th, 2010, 5:35 am

The Brain of Morbius includes a fantastic commentary. Tom is hilarious!
ivocaliban

Postby Doctor John Smith on July 9th, 2010, 12:59 pm

I agree with you all - the "Tommentaries" a definitely a highlight - I have a soft spot for "Logopolis", and he does tease Louise Jameson terribly in "Image of the Fendahl" - but I also like it when he says at the start "Here I am" on many of his releases when his picture appears in the credits.

Do they tend to keep Tom and Lalla apart? It just seems that they never do one together. :?

Note to 2entertain - get Tom on all of them please! He's such good fun......
The Doctor: I tell you, Brigadier, there's nothing to worry about! The brontosarus is large and placid!
Harry Sullivan: (to the Brigadier) This the patient, sir?
The Doctor: (looking up at Harry) And stupid!

The Doctor & Harry Sullivan - Robot
Doctor John Smith

Postby Graceful Leonard on July 19th, 2010, 6:21 pm

Have you noticed how in DVD commentaries they never say anything unkind about anyone?

I think it's about time they got them all drunk and the real truth came out.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby ivocaliban on July 24th, 2010, 1:49 am

Graceful Leonard wrote:Have you noticed how in DVD commentaries they never say anything unkind about anyone?

I think it's about time they got them all drunk and the real truth came out.

If you want to hear unkind things said in a Doctor Who commentary just plug in a Fifth Doctor story! ;)
ivocaliban

Postby Graceful Leonard on July 25th, 2010, 10:30 am

ivocaliban wrote:If you want to hear unkind things said in a Doctor Who commentary just plug in a Fifth Doctor story!

Thanks for the tip, but that would mean having to watch Peter Davison who, along with Sylvester McCoy (sp?) actually managed to make one of the greatest fictional characters of the 20th century smaller than life. I can find plenty of unkind things to say about them myself!
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Next

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years