The Foe From The Future

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

The Foe From The Future

Postby Theta Sigma on January 23rd, 2014, 12:15 am

The Foe From The Future is the first story in The Fourth Doctor Boxset of Lost Stories which also feature Leela released by Big Finish Productions.
The Foe From The Future was written by Robert Banks Stewart as a possible final story for the fourteenth season of Doctor Who but as it has been pointed out in the accompanying interviews if this has been made then the story that had become the 14th season closer Talons of Weng-Chiang would not have been instead. One can only wonder how Big Finish would have adapted the Talons of Weng-Chiang script without having the impression of seeing it as a TV story.
The Foe From The Future was adapted by John Dorney and one can only speculate whether he would have adapted Talons of Weng-Chiang in another universe.
The Foe From The Future has the Doctor and Leela visit a small village where they would eventually meet the titular foe from the future.
Of the guest cast Louise Brealy was very impressive as the companion like Charlotte and quite amusing how she is refer to throughout the story.
Paul Freeman is not a name I have been familiar with but I am familiar with his face as I never knew his name prior to listening to this story.
Quite glad that he finally done a Doctor Who as he was very good as the villain scientist Jalnik.
Also kudos to Camilla Power as the vain Councillor Kostal.
Fitting joke about the name of the character played by John Green.
Quite fascinating the explanation the Doctor gives about the foe.
The Foe From The Future feels similar in some respects to the Toclafane and I can only wonder whether Russell T Davies ever knew about The Foe From The Future when he wrote the Toclafane in the TV series.
The Foe From The Future was quite enjoyable and I can only wonder how it would have looked like on television.

The accompanying interviews were very enjoyable with the amusing start on the exact name of the story and Louise Brealey telling us of recording this story and her playing Molly on Sherlock.
Theta Sigma

Re: The Foe From The Future

Postby tracy on January 23rd, 2014, 1:09 pm

ive got it and as ever its very good :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Re: The Foe From The Future

Postby NICHLOAS R on January 25th, 2014, 3:31 am

"gosh is this out already didn't think it be out til next Friday I got mum jan a set of tom baker ear rings from the usa and a tom baker toby jug from fp cant wait for this cd have a nice weekend every one :D
NICHLOAS R

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years