40 Years of the 4th Doctor

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

40 Years of the 4th Doctor

Postby Toothy Grin on January 19th, 2014, 3:16 pm

Hard to believe but this year marks 40 years since Tom was offered the role of the Doctor (think it was around February '74 and he began filming "Robot" in April I think). Tom also reaches the grand old age of 80 tomorrow! Think this year should definately be spent celebrating the best Doctor Who ever. Might have another Tom-athon and watch all his stories. I'm currently listening to the entire Hornet's Nest saga again - wonderful stuff! Time for a jelly baby :D
Toothy Grin

Re: 40 Years of the 4th Doctor

Postby tracy on January 19th, 2014, 4:15 pm

blimey how time flys :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on January 20th, 2014, 3:30 am

I went through all of Tom's Who stories when I received my copy of the "Fourth Doctor Time Capsule", watched all 42 stories over 3 weeks. Listened to all of the commentaries and really enjoyed it, I've never been one to buy something and leave it on the shelf, not when it can enrich your life on a regular basis :D
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby Krono's on January 20th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Toothy Grin wrote:Hard to believe but this year marks 40 years since Tom was offered the role of the Doctor (think it was around February '74 and he began filming "Robot" in April I think). Tom also reaches the grand old age of 80 tomorrow! Think this year should definately be spent celebrating the best Doctor Who ever. Might have another Tom-athon and watch all his stories. I'm currently listening to the entire Hornet's Nest saga again - wonderful stuff! Time for a jelly baby :D

Stranger still, I had no idea it was his birthday, yet, I watched Robot only yesterday. :o
Krono's

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years