Which Episode

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Which Episode

Postby Symons134 on March 19th, 2013, 11:12 pm

Good Evening

I'm wondering if you can all help me out. I am looking for an episode of Dr Who with Tom Baker in. This means a lot to me as i remember watching this as a small child with my uncle and sadly he passed away on Friday. He has a collection of over 150 Dr Who videos and I just need to know which episode I need to find to bring back my fond memories.

What i can remember is the Dr in a pyrimid with Sarah Jane and they had to go through certain puzzles. I'm sure there was a tiled floor and they had to walk across this only stepping on certain tiles. This then led them out and were able to get back to the tardis. My sister seems to recall the pyrimid being in the desert.

I no its not the "pyrimid of mars" episode as I have this one on DVD.

Your help is much apreciated if you can just narrow a list down for me.

Thanks
Vicky Symons
Symons134

Re: Which Episode

Postby Betty on March 20th, 2013, 1:33 am

What you're describing sounds a lot like part 4 of the "Pyramids of Mars", except that I don't think there are any chessboards. "The Five Doctors" has a chessboard, so maybe that's the one you're looking for, though it seems like the two stories could have merged in your memories. The other tip would be "The Hand of Fear" AKA Eldrad must live, as the last part has the doctor going through a series of traps.

I'm sorry about your uncle and I'm hoping that you'll find what you're looking for. I'm planning to watch all of the old stories again sometime soon, so I'll keep an eye out for the things you described and I'll let you know if I find a better match.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tracy on March 20th, 2013, 3:34 pm

yes it is the pryamid episode as tom was useing his scraf to measure the things on the wall :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby tch on March 20th, 2013, 4:28 pm

My guess is either 'Pyramid of Mars' or 'Hand of Fear'.
tch

Postby Moderator on May 2nd, 2013, 5:05 pm

Sarah was with the Doc 3 in "The Five Doctors." Our Doc 4 was trapped in a time loop with Romana 2. It was Doc 1 and grand-daughter Susan who traversed the deadly chess board. Hope this has helped and not further confused. :?

I would guess, "Hand of Fear," also. Will be glad to send you a PM list of all of Tom's epsiodes, if you think it may help jog your memory. 8-)

And ... welcome. :mrgreen:

Best,
Dirk :ugeek:

Postby tracy on May 2nd, 2013, 5:52 pm

Symons134 im sorry to hear about your uncle huge huge to you xx
tracy with out the E
tracy

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years