Sarah Jane Adventures Final Season Gets Release Date

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Sarah Jane Adventures Final Season Gets Release Date

Postby ThetaSigma on March 2nd, 2012, 10:47 pm

According to internet information, the fifth and final season of the Sarah Jane Adventures starring former Who companion Elisabeth Sladen will be released across North America starting sometime in June 2012. Just want to pass this news on to the Tom Baker Site. So who is getting it?
ThetaSigma

Re: Sarah Jane Adventures Final Season Gets Release Date

Postby Graceful Leonard on April 11th, 2012, 5:11 pm

Still impossible to believe she has gone. With the new DVD releases I still half expect to see her on the commentary. So sad.
"A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images in whose presence his heart first opened."
Graceful Leonard

Postby ThetaSigma on September 30th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Still have yet to purhcase this set as the Mall here doesn't seem to carry it. Also still can't believe she is gone. I imagine a lot of fans and co-workers feel this way. Does anybody within the sound of my internet voice have the first 4 sets of the SJA series? I do.
ThetaSigma

Postby tch on July 11th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Watching SJAs this week.
Only one story to go.

Very sad, due to both the loss of Liz and the loss of such a good show.
tch

Postby tch on July 15th, 2013, 12:30 am

Very sad. Just watched the last SJA episodes.

The 'Remembering Liz' extra was very nice. Would have liked them to have talked to more Who people, but the clips they showed of all the Doctors she'd worked with was nice.

Think she was right after the Brig in having met the most Doctors.
tch

Postby Betty on July 15th, 2013, 12:33 am

I loved the SJA. It makes me cry every time now, but I still watch it again every now and then. Such a great show.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby metalheadjay on August 25th, 2013, 9:33 pm

Sorry but I wasn't a fan of this show as it was a spin-off that was aimed towards a child to teen demographic. I actually think that Liz deserved better. I prefer to remember her as the best companion with Tom during the golden era of "Doctor Who" in the 70's.
metalheadjay

Postby Betty on August 25th, 2013, 11:08 pm

metalheadjay wrote:Sorry but I wasn't a fan of this show as it was a spin-off that was aimed towards a child to teen demographic. I actually think that Liz deserved better. I prefer to remember her as the best companion with Tom during the golden era of "Doctor Who" in the 70's.

I was actually quite young when it was on (SJA), and even though it was aimed at people a few years younger, I really enjoyed it. Of course, the good old Tom Baker episodes will always be on top of the list of favourites.
"Once, I was a real turtle"
Betty

Postby tch on August 28th, 2013, 8:03 pm

Not a fan of the 'for kids' label, especially said like that's a negative.
Doctor Who started life as 'for kids'.

I found SJA to be more 'all ages'. Sure, it had a moral to every episode, and no snogging, but at the same time made good use of Who-history in it's stories, was fun viewing and the cast was likable.
Plus, it had K-9.

Heck, Torchwwod was an 'adult' show and look at what a train wreck that turned out to be.
tch

Postby metalheadjay on October 7th, 2013, 12:41 pm

Nah, "The Sarah Jane Adventures" are like those bad, glossy shows on the CW(American network) that are aimed at a kid to teen demographic. If it wasn't for Elizabeth Sladen, it would be completely unwatchable. Liz deserved so much better. :ugeek:
metalheadjay

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years