Who Else Owns 'The Tom Baker Years?'

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: Who Else Owns 'The Tom Baker Years?'

Postby Doctor John Smith on June 22nd, 2012, 12:06 am

Also I can highly recommend (if you can find it, and if you are a full blown Classic DW fan not just a fan of Doc no 4) The Pertwee Years - unfortunately Jon had to make do with the format set up to showcase missing episodes - would have been nice to see his reactions warts and all like Tom's - which they could have done as at the time all his episodes did exist...

Hey ho... :D
The Doctor: I tell you, Brigadier, there's nothing to worry about! The brontosarus is large and placid!
Harry Sullivan: (to the Brigadier) This the patient, sir?
The Doctor: (looking up at Harry) And stupid!

The Doctor & Harry Sullivan - Robot
Doctor John Smith

Postby nick and jan on June 28th, 2012, 11:11 pm

"i have this watched it a few times i hear it maybe out on dvdsoon other gems of toms i have on video are 1 tom this is youre life from 2000 and toms hour on qvc feb 2002 the best they ever had on qvc you could have rang tom and asked him questions he only got two calls he was asked would he be doing any of the big finsh audios he no at the time inless the right script came along wich 10 years late did thank oden and the other question was would you retun to tv doctor who tom said yes as the master yes i think that would be good aswell or the big doctor who movie with jonny deep playing the doctor and tom as the master . that would be ace nick and jan :D
nick and jan

Postby tracy on June 29th, 2012, 8:35 am

i know the channal your talking about qvc we didnt have sky tv then i dont look in on that channal very often its very rare i do :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby braveheartwhogirl on August 16th, 2012, 10:46 pm

After reading all your comments, I decided to get myself a copy of this. Found a new unopened one on eBay and it just arrived today. So glad I kept my VCR! Will post more after I have watched both tapes. Guess what I'm watching tonight?! :D
Karen
"There's no point being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes."
braveheartwhogirl

Postby tracy on August 17th, 2012, 8:13 am

thats good that you were able to get hold of one also if you have a dvd rocorder you might be able to transfer it from video to a dvd disc
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby braveheartwhogirl on August 18th, 2012, 1:22 am

Unfortunately I don't have a DVD recorder so the tapes will have to hold me over til they release this on DVD.
I watched both tapes last night. They were simply wonderful! How cool to see Tom's reaction to the different clips they presented for him to view. It almost felt like you were there with him watching. I loved these tapes and will definitely be watching them again! :D
Karen
braveheartwhogirl

Postby tracy on August 18th, 2012, 8:14 am

i knew you would love them thats good that you enjoyed them :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on September 6th, 2012, 10:59 pm

The REAL question is-which part of the production do you guys and gals rank as the best, the funniest, most charming, etc? :)
ThetaSigma

Previous

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years