It's the 23rd of December and...

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

It's the 23rd of December and...

Postby paulmagrs on December 22nd, 2009, 11:05 am

...today's the *very* day that retired Army Captain Mike Yates arrives in a snowy English village. He's been called to Nest Cottage by a strange ad in a magazine. But who has brought him here? Who's he about to be reunited with? And what bizarre things are going to happen to them before Christmas ever comes?

"Welcome to the Nest, Captain Yates!'

Happy Christmas everyone. And special thanks to Tom for making Hornets' Nest such a thrilling and wonderfully spooky series of adventures.

all best,

paul
paulmagrs

Re: It's the 23rd of December and...

Postby tracy on December 22nd, 2009, 5:44 pm

:D merry xmas to you to paul and a happy new year ho ho ho
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on December 22nd, 2009, 6:40 pm

It was a fantastic series, especially when you listen to it late at night through your headphones :P
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

Postby jaybee on December 22nd, 2009, 6:47 pm

paulmagrs wrote:
Happy Christmas everyone. And special thanks to Tom for making Hornets' Nest such a thrilling and wonderfully spooky series of adventures.

all best,

paul

He couldn't have done it if you hadn't written it, Paul. Thanks to you as well. And Happy Christmas.
jaybee

Postby John on December 23rd, 2009, 12:39 pm

Many thanks for writing such a wonderfuly spooky set of stories, Paul. I haven't quite finished the series yet - still got the last two to look forward to, but the combination of your imagination and Tom's storytelling prowess has already improved my boring daily commute no end.

Looking forward to more of the same in the new year.

Thank you and Happy Christmas.
John

Postby pattie anne on December 23rd, 2009, 11:42 pm

Yes, a thousand thanks to you Paul, for writing such a splendid little set of tales. Happy Christmas to both you and yours. And next year, do try to take up the pen again.

Love,
pattie anne (one fan of many thousands)
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Postby Tom Baker on December 30th, 2009, 6:09 pm

Happy New Year for all my friends wherever you may be.
I am delighted by Paul Magrs generous message. I did enjoy the recordings especially the Circus section and the forest and Nunnery tale. When I was young I had ambitions to be a Nun. This was because I liked their habits and head dresses. Later I discovered that monks dressed the same way so I joined a male religious order and had a hectic time finding out how elusive God was in those days. It certainly was not as much fun as Paul's Nunnery.
Perhaps he'll write another tale in the New Year. And perhaps he'll offer me a part. I hope so. If he does he runs the risk of me accepting! And thereby will hang another tale. I would like to impersonate The Doctor again.
At The Stamp Centre, Cyrus, the Oracle told me in confidence that he liked the Circus adventure best. He said this in confidence and I promised not to tell anyone; so, Hush, not a word.
I do like our encounters at the Stamp Centre. Love to you all from old but ever so jolly Tom Baker.
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Postby tracy on December 30th, 2009, 7:28 pm

a very happy new year to you to tom and to sue poppy and the cats i had to laugh when i was reading your post and yes we will keep it hush i promise.take care. and avery happy new year to all the friends ive made on here and its thanks to tom and sue [/color]
Last edited by tracy on December 30th, 2009, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby John on December 30th, 2009, 7:40 pm

Happy New Year to Tom, Sue, all our wonderful members and whovians everywhere, may 2010 bring you everything you desire.
John

Postby pattie anne on December 31st, 2009, 12:22 am

Dear TOM of this Forum -

And only the best to you and yours for what is left of this year and into the next. And as nice as your encounters at the Stamp Centre are (and I would not take those precious moments away from anyone) all of us here just can't be there. So having you pop in HERE is pretty dang swell too. Please keep up the most excellent work! :)

DearAll Other Posters of this Forum -

And only the best to you and yours for what is left of this year and into the next. [ Is there an echo in here? ] AnyWHO, here's to many 'moore' good TIMEs and great companionship along this virtual way! :D

Love,
pattie anne
"And as for Tom Baker, well, I'll always be the Doctor,
won't I?" TOM BAKER
pattie anne

Next

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years