New Tom Audios!

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: New Tom Audios!

Postby tracy on June 28th, 2012, 8:29 am

:D ive listioned to it and its very good leela having not met the master before thinks at 1st he is a friend any way imnot saying no more as it will spoil it for those who dont have it yet so hurry up and get yours and yes the answer to your question is the master is as good as on audio as he was on tv i have enjoyed all of the 4th dr audios and will be getting the ones with tom and may tamm when they are out next year and tom with jago and lightfoot to :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby bcm77 on July 10th, 2012, 8:28 pm

I recently completed Tom's first Big Finish series with "The Oseidon Adventure" and thought it was great!

Although I slightly prefer the Lost Stories due to their being structured more like the Classic TV series I think the first series of 4th Doctor Adventures has been excellent. Tom & Louise are as wonderful as they always have been and there's been some good supporting actors as well, I particularly liked Ella Kenion as Boudicca in "The Wrath of the Iceni" and Michael Cochrane as Colonel Spindleton and Geoffrey Beevers as the Master in the last 2 parts of the series.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Tom with Mary Tamm and John Leeson again in series 2 and the 4th story will see the 4th Doctor reunited with Jago & Litefoot!

There's more on the way as Big Finish recently confirmed that Tom & Louise will finish recording another series this month which won't be released until 2014 and there's also a Subscriber Exclusive story called "Night of the Stormcrow" which is out in December of this year.

And based on what Louise told me when I met her at Collectormania more recording sessions are scheduled "into 2014" ( her exact words ) so it looks as if more stories are planned :D :D :D
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby paulaustin on July 19th, 2012, 9:34 am

Although I remember happily looking at Leela's chestal attributes during the Tom Baker ABC repeats, It was Louise's acting that kept me entertained. I think it's cruel to treat Louise as a poor substitute for Lis Sladen as some have done.
paulaustin

Postby tch on July 19th, 2012, 5:26 pm

much as I like Leela, Tom's Big Finish stories have a bittersweet quality, as he dragged his feet so long that we missed out on getting to hear him working with Liz and Nick Courtney.

It's been great how she and Mary Tamm have been so gung-ho about working with Tom again, but I can't help thinking for what might have been.
tch

Postby ThetaSigma on July 28th, 2012, 11:21 pm

And now with Mary gone too, I have to wonder if she got to record any material with Tom for Big Finish. I hope we have not lost out on yet another great reunion. I can't believe she is gone! :cry:
ThetaSigma

Postby tracy on July 29th, 2012, 8:25 am

as far as i know mary did complete her big finish with tom which will be out on audio next year .i was wondering if they will bring the audios out early now we will have to wait and see
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby ThetaSigma on July 29th, 2012, 6:45 pm

That is good news, tracy. I hope they get an early release as well, as I would love to hear Tom and Mary together again in their respective Doctor Who roles. I wonder how they will set the stories with Romana I as she was only there for the Key to Time and regenerated into Lalla ward at the start of the next story, Destiny of the Daleks.
ThetaSigma

Postby nick and jan on July 31st, 2012, 12:33 am

2no i dont want to see marys cds out early with respect to her famly they must have time to greive for mary i happy to wait till next year some of toms storys are comeing out on audio sound tracks any way and one of marys storys will be one of these in sept .
nick and jan

Postby tracy on July 31st, 2012, 8:26 am

yes your right nick and jan its best to wait give the family time to breath to
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby Captain Rum on August 1st, 2012, 1:36 am

bcm77 wrote:I recently completed Tom's first Big Finish series with "The Oseidon Adventure" and thought it was great!

Although I slightly prefer the Lost Stories due to their being structured more like the Classic TV series I think the first series of 4th Doctor Adventures has been excellent. Tom & Louise are as wonderful as they always have been and there's been some good supporting actors as well, I particularly liked Ella Kenion as Boudicca in "The Wrath of the Iceni" and Michael Cochrane as Colonel Spindleton and Geoffrey Beevers as the Master in the last 2 parts of the series.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Tom with Mary Tamm and John Leeson again in series 2 and the 4th story will see the 4th Doctor reunited with Jago & Litefoot!

There's more on the way as Big Finish recently confirmed that Tom & Louise will finish recording another series this month which won't be released until 2014 and there's also a Subscriber Exclusive story called "Night of the Stormcrow" which is out in December of this year.

And based on what Louise told me when I met her at Collectormania more recording sessions are scheduled "into 2014" ( her exact words ) so it looks as if more stories are planned :D :D :D

Can't wait for it all, 2013 is a big Anniversary after all....my 40th Birthday! Oh and Who's 50th of course :D

I'm a big fan of the audios, love to listen to them at night with my headphones on, it makes me feel like I'm right there with them!
"Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhh....me laddie!"

"You damned courtiers to the Queen, you're nothing but lap dogs to a slip of a girl!"

Hope to meet a nautical cove or two online to chat about Tom, "Who", etc :-)
Captain Rum

Location: Yeovil....but only when my Tardis needs an overhaul.

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years