New Tom Audios!

Talk about Doctor Who when Tom played the Doctor (1974 - 1981).

Moderator: Moderator

Re: New Tom Audios!

Postby ThetaSigma on November 26th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Trouhgton's Doctor will be recreated for this title? I had no idea! I thought he was-like Sean Pertwee-against recreating his father's legendary role?
ThetaSigma

Postby MadMonk on November 26th, 2011, 8:12 pm

Apparently not. It sounds very good from what I have read in DWM.
MadMonk

Postby ThetaSigma on November 26th, 2011, 9:42 pm

It sounds like an idea we would never have gotten in the old days. I wonder how big his part is and if the two Doctors will get on well?
ThetaSigma

Postby MadMonk on November 27th, 2011, 2:27 pm

It sounds pretty substantial. Looks like the 2nd Doctor is going to rattle the 4th Doctor's cage by taking over his cottage and making himself known in the local vicinity. I think a clash of Timelord alter-egos may well be on the cards :shock:
MadMonk

Postby bcm77 on December 24th, 2011, 5:35 pm

Just a few weeks to go until the first BIg Finish stories are released,

The Lost Stories is a 5 disc set with 2 all new stories with the 4th Doctor & Leela.

"The Foe From the Future" takes place between "The Robots of Death " and "The Talons of Weng-Chiang"

"The Valley of Death" takes place between "Horror of Fang Rock" and "The Invisible Enemy"

There's also a bonus disc with a new interview with Tom and lots of outtakes and extras from the recording.

As if that wasn't enough the first series of 4th Doctor Adventures will also start in January with "Destination Nerva" and will followed by a new story each month eg,

"The Renaissance Man" ( February )
"The Wrath of the Iceni" ( March )
"Energy of the Daleks" ( April )
"Trail of the White Worm" ( May )
"The Oseidon Adventure" ( June )

The second series of 4th Doctor Adventures will see the 4th Doctor reunited with Romana I & K9 and ( in one story ) the formidable duo of Henry Gordon Jago and Professor Litefoot!

Series 2 starts in January 2013 with "The Auntie Matter" and will continue with,
"The Sands of Life" ( February )
"The War of the Laan" ( March )
"The Justice of Jalxar" ( April )
"Phantoms of the Deep" ( May )
2 more with the titles still to be confirmed ( June/July )

As I've now abandoned the modern TV series the audios are going to be something I get into in a big way and the promise of 8 new stories in the New Year with the 4th Doctor & Leela ( my favorite duo ) is infinitely more exciting than anything BBC Wales can do.

It will also be great to hear Mary Tamm as Romana again when series 2 comes out and the reunion with Jago & Litefoot is sure to be fun.

Big Finish have a picture of Tom with Christopher Benjamin & Trevor Baxter from the recording on their website and there's a few hints about the story. Apparently Jago becomes smitten with Romana!
"I'm not a human being........I'm a Time Lord. I walk in eternity"
bcm77

Postby tracy on December 24th, 2011, 5:50 pm

:D ive pre ordered the 4th dr series 1 cds bundle which should be with me by jan when they come out :D
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby bcm77 on December 24th, 2011, 10:57 pm

tracy wrote::D ive pre ordered the 4th dr series 1 cds bundle which should be with me by jan when they come out :D

I've pre-ordered the Lost Stories CD set and have about half the money towards the series 1 CD set.

I've asked for some cash for Christmas specifically for the purpose of putting towards the other audios so if Santa thinks I've been good enough I should be able to pre-order the series 1 set in a few days :D
bcm77

Postby tracy on December 25th, 2011, 10:24 am

:D merry xmas to you bcm .once the 1st series cd box set comes then i will get the 4th dr lost storys one ive had the money for xmas which will go to that and now all that need to be done is save for the feb event
tracy with out the E
tracy

Postby bcm77 on December 25th, 2011, 11:22 am

tracy wrote::D merry xmas to you bcm .once the 1st series cd box set comes then i will get the 4th dr lost storys one ive had the money for xmas which will go to that and now all that need to be done is save for the feb event

Merry Christmas to you too! :)

I wish I could go to the event in February but with the cost of train tickets and everything it's probably out of my budget but I hope you have a great time.

I'm soooo excited for the new audios in the coming year....8 new stories with Tom as the Doctor!!!!!
bcm77

Postby ThetaSigma on December 25th, 2011, 6:08 pm

I look forward especially to the audio featuring geoffrey beevers as the Master! I can't wait for thios new series to begin. This is just what the fans need if they are over-bored with the current TV run like I am. Sure, things were great and memorable in the 05-06 era but not anymore, not for me, so this audio set is just what the Doctor ordered! :lol:
ThetaSigma

PreviousNext

Return to Doctor Who - the Tom Baker years