are you emotional?

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in April to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

are you emotional?

Postby madgoth on April 1st, 2010, 8:53 pm

Dear Tom,

I have always wondered about which of the Doctor's companions was his personal favorite. It might be awkward for you to name a particular character here, so I decided to remind you of a particular moment as the Doctor with my favorite companion, and see what the Doctor was thinking at the time.

You have often stated that you simply played yourself as Doctor Who. Given that premise, and what it might mean in how you shape your character, step back into your role as the Doctor, and describe what you were thinking and feeling in the episode Hand of Fear, when Sarah Jane said goodbye.

Please elaborate.

PS: Thank you so much for interacting with us this way. What a grand thing for you to do!

:-D
madgoth

Re: are you emotional?

Postby Tom Baker on April 5th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Hello Madgoth

Sarah-Jane was very close to me during her time with the show. She trusted my sense of the ridiculous. You know, of course, that I consider most of life to be utterly ridiculous. This does not mean I despise it or can't enjoy it. I love life and so far life has loved me. But I don't think life has a MEANING. Anyway Sarah just laughed at my approach and always encouraged me. We also shared a love of old movies. So she has a a special place in my memory and in my heart. I met her a few weeks ago and we were so happy again and shared memories of those long gone days. I never tried to spell out what I was thinking in the show. Rather I tried to suggest that my mind was elsewhere because I was an alien. And often my mind WAS elewhere sometimes.

Happy Days from Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for April 2010