Knighthood for Sir Tom?

Read guidelines first. Start new topic in April to post your question.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Forum rules
Read guidelines first. Start new topic to post your question.
Ask one question per post.
Each member allowed one question per month.
Tom will answer a maximum of 30 questions per month.

Knighthood for Sir Tom?

Postby anthonyz on April 1st, 2010, 2:36 pm

Dear Tom,

Thank you for answering my question to you last month regarding advice to your younger self. You didn’t disappoint me. Actually I respect and admire you all the more for your honesty. You should have signed the fan’s autograph “From God!” ;)

A simple question this time around. Would you accept a knighthood from the Queen?

We have seen you as a knight in Morecombe & Wise’s "The Passionate Pilgrim", though I think we should be championing Sir Tom Baker! 8-)

Cheers,

Anthony (from Sydney, Australia) :)

P.S. I loved your Tales from Aesop DVD – you do a great Welsh accent and stroppy vulpine housewife!
:D
anthonyz

Re: Knighthood for Sir Tom?

Postby Tom Baker on April 5th, 2010, 4:42 pm

Dear Anthony in Sydney,

But there is already a Sir Tom Baker. He is a bespoke tailor in Soho, London, and a very nice leggy young man he is, and his gear is great. He asked me to model some of his stuff about a year ago but I was otherwise engaged. But I wouldn't say no to being a DAME. As you know there is nothing like a dame and I'd like to be the first.

I had forgotten about that little silent movie I did with Eric Morecombe. He was so nice and he liked being alive. I could tell just by the way he walked.

Bai Bai from Tom
Tom Baker
Site Admin

Return to Questions for April 2010